Monday, October 27, 2008

Charlie the Chicken

It was only Teagan's second day home and she was almost four weeks old. I was already worried about being responsible for teaching her about life and decided the best way to make our baby smart was to read to her. I reached for Charlie the Chicken, a big fluffy musical book that I couldn't imagine could possibly scare her. The first note from that chicken and a glimpse of his big orange legs and beak sent her into an over stimulation tizzy that lasted for three months! Ok, so it wasn't quite that bad, but I realized then that Charlie would have to stay on the shelf until little Teagan could handle him. She was after all a preemie for goodness sakes. Well, fast forward 7 months and not only can she handle him - she IS him!!! Gotta love Halloween!

Teagan's "support group" babies are growing up so fast. We all met when our babies were NEWborns and can't believe how fast the time is going. In the spirit of Halloween we dressed them all up and got them together for the best photo shoot ever! We're hoping to do it once a year until they protest - like when they are 18.......

CRAZY!

The proud Mama's

You're a sweet one Charlie!
(something Grams always said to me, life goes full circle)


And then there were two! August (Left) Teagan (Right)


Charlie the Chicken Moms (Molly and me)

Beak in my eye :) I love my sweet chicken!
(Thanks for the picture Shelly :)


Chicken down! Poor Teagan, but love those orange legs!

Julia, Teagan and Helen

Dahlia and Teagan


The Baby Photographer - surrounded by strollers
Wouldn't have believed this 2 years ago :)

Owl on the trail
Oddity

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did you find that owl?! And my FAVORITE picture of all of them is the chicken down. Oh my gosh, what a lovely day. Helen and I say thank you Brigette!