Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January 20th, 2009

Dear Teagan,
Today was a day that will not soon be forgotten, Barack Obama was sworn in as the 44th president of the United States. For the first time since September 11th our country feels united - this time instead of fear bringing us together it's inspiration and optimism. You may not know this yet but someday you will appreciate the huge role you played in this election. I know you enjoyed watching hours of political coverage in the hospital because you would kick every time Wolf Blitzer talked. Perhaps it was because you were sick of him and CNN, but it's the only channel we had. You and I were not allowed to leave Sweedish hospital for the Washington caucus but we were able to live vicariously through Grams. I'll never forget the day you set off all of the alarms at the nurses station because you were so excited when Grams came back from the Obama rally at Key Arena. She charged in the room exclaiming "I think I'm in love!" and your heart rate soared off the charts! From canvasing the neighborhoods to marching in parades you were there. My little political sidekick! Someday your grandchildren will read about this time in history and you can tell them that you were there when our country was at a crossroads. The road will be long, but at least we are no longer lost. I love you my little Monk-a-lunk :)
Mama

Grams keeping us entertained on bed rest, never without her button.

Wearing your sticker with pride at the Indigo Girls concert

Watching one of the many debates with who else?

The Green Lake Kids for Obama parade



Meeting "the Man" (almost) at Obama Headquarters



Reminding people to vote on election day!

First results coming in!

The Obama girls!

Finally! I feel the same way Teagan :)!


The new First Daughters with my lovely daughter. hahhaa

No comments: