Friday, November 21, 2008

Great Grandpa - tell me bout the good ole days

Since I have my airline passes back again my mom, Teagan and I decided to get some use out them and take a trip to Minnesota. (Poor Will had to work). Teagan and her great-grandfather, who is 96, finally had a chance to meet. He knows her as Little Violet (his late wife of almost 75 years). It was amazing watching them. It was as if they had some kind of connection. Teagan, who rarely sits still, sat with him just playing with his hands and staring at his sweet face. We also visited with all of my mom's side of the family. She was spoiled thoroughly by all of the Grand Aunts and then.... she got sick! Somewhere along the way she picked up her first cold, which became RSV, requiring a trip to Urgent Care in Minneapolis, a new pet penguin (her nebulizer), and two horrible ear infections upon our early return to Seattle. Despite the drama the trip was worth every minute!




And you see... this line says you'll live a long life...

I'm not really a palm reader great grandpa :)


Red sweater twins

Attacking Drake's ear (something she loved to do)
Drake is 3 months younger
It's almost 11pm Teagan, why aren't you sleeping!

My cousins - Kate and Jono

Giving each other the stink eye

Hello Mr. you're kinda cold

Oh no Mr. Bill, she's eating your arm!

Eating with Kathy

Being a trooper with Jackie on her last night.
I might be sick but I can still open presents :)

Checking out my cousin Daniel

Ginny with the pool shark

Teagan, I think you're supposed to use a stick...

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Awwww - ear infections are the worst!

Linda said...

Nice pictures, especially the one with her Great Grandpa's hand. So precious!